Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So I know it has been awhile since my last post, but so much has been going on in our little Asay world. We just had a fantastic weekend with our wonderful friends Nick and Becca. It was such a relaxing weekend, followed by a crazy time waiting at O'Hare for a delayed flight with my infant son, and rewarded by finally making it home to Kearney. Right now I am sitting in my parent's living room, enjoying being with my family. When we were driving on the interstate and got off on the exit for Kearney, I felt like I was coming home from a really long trip. Now don't get me wrong, I am loving our new neighborhood and I do know that God brought us to Chicago for a reason, but there is something about this place where we grew up. And it will probably always have that feeling of home. Not to mention, it has been wonderful seeing the people that consumed our lives before we moved. Illinois holds the promise of new friends, but Kearney holds many of those that have been and still are near and dear to our hearts.

In other news, I got a new job! (Huge sigh of relief) I am going to be working at Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington (a convenient 10 minutes from my house) as a critical care flex nurse. I am only working PRN (as needed), but I think it is going to be the perfect fit for our little family. I start Monday the 28th and will have to work a little more on the full-time spectrum of things until I get through orientation. My biggest worry is not really about the job, I have a feeling I will get into the swing of things in no time. But I am a Nervous Nelly about sending Aiden to daycare! I was lucky enough to find a wonderful place called the Young Scholars about 15 minutes from my house. I had toured a couple daycares and found them leaving me with a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. But when I walked into this place, I new immediately that it would be a great fit. The infant room looked like so much fun, that I wanted to crawl around on the floor and explore with all the babies. I just hope that Aiden's anxiety is soothed by all the caring teachers and playing babies. Prayer needed for that! But tomorrow with worry about itself, for now I am just going to enjoy being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment