Sunday, March 27, 2011

6 Months

This last week brought in the celebration of Aiden's half birthday- I can't believe he is 6 months old! It seems impossible that our little baby has been with us that long. Although, I can't imagine my life without him in it and cherish each and every day he has blessed our lives. This last month, Aiden got in two bottom teeth, tried rice cereal (which he still hates by the way), he still refuses to turn over onto his tummy from his back, but he stands holding on without our support (although I definitely hover and am there to catch him before he falls), he loves reaching for toys and is so observant! At his checkup, he was 28 inches tall and in the 90th percentile! He weighed in at 16lbs 13ou. Growing so big!

In celebration of 6 months, Aiden was graciously gifted RSV, I am suspecting from daycare. We tried hot steamy showers, cool humidifiers, extra fluids, but he still ended up at the doctor. Aiden was starting to have difficulty breathing. The doctor explained his RSV caused bronchiolitis and he also has an ear infection (that hadn't resolved from our previous visit). The poor kid brought home a shiny, yellow nebulizer and scripts for antibiotics. Despite all of this, he has remained the happiest little baby on the planet. Expect yesterday morning when he didn't want to take a nap, I did dub him Sir Cranky Pants. 

Several days later, Aiden is doing better. He still gets his nebulizer treatments, but his lungs sound so much better. He is also going a mile a minute. I have no idea how I will keep up with him once he starts crawling! But nothing is better than that big toothy grin.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Aiden is ok! Ryan got RSV and bronchiolitis at the same age. The nebulizer treatments were so helpful. Hang in there and let me know if I can take a trip to the grocery store or bring anything over!

    ReplyDelete